Now that the Christmas and New Year celebrations have come and gone, we have had chance to catch up on where we are and what we have still left to do!
What we have:
- A basic tracker which has gone through a few iterations of building and testing, but we think we are nearing completion now.
- A working USB dongle based receiver and suitable antenna for the chase car.
- A backup GSM based GPS tracker that will send us text messages when near the ground to assist with recovery.
- Cameras to go in the payload.
- A twitter account - http://twitter.com/stratodean (Follow us!)
- A blog.
What we don't have (yet!):
- Balloon - still waiting on a confirmation of the final payload weight before we can order this one.
- Parachute - as above.
- Payload box - we're evaluating ready-made vs. designing and making our own.
- Helium - dependent on payload weight and balloon capacity.
- Twine and cord to tie it all together.
- CAA approval for launch.
- A launch site.
- Probably something else that we have missed!